Thank you Darinda of Nightcap Books for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. One thing I know for sure is that 2018 has been the year for versatility when it comes to my reading tastes. I used to be so
dependable boring when it came to my bookish tastes and now I’m, literally, all over the place. At least I’m no longer in a rut – LOL!
• Thank the person who gave you the award
• Include a link to their blog
• Select 7 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
• Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
• Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
I’m not sure there are seven things that anyone would care to know about me – YIKES – but here goes:
- I’m a speed reader. Years ago I worked for a US Senator who sent all of his employees to a speed reading course so that we could read through all of the laws, proposals and news that inundate a national political office. I’ve learned over the years that there is no way to turn off that skill so I generally read a book or more a day. Thankfully for you, I don’t review them all! LOL! How boring would that be!?
- I’m restoring a beautiful Victorian home that was built in 1888 by the grandson of our town’s founder. He built the house for his fiancé, gave it to her on their wedding day and they were married here. It’s a book that is waiting to be written by someone more talented than me!
- I collect depression era glass and have done so for nearly 40 years. My collection is pink Mayfair and the original pieces belonged to my grandmother.
- I was a city councilwoman years ago, a political campaign manager and now my son is one and my daughter works for the US State Department. My youngest son is a performer for Cirque du Soleil.
- My first car was a 1967-1/2 special model Ford Mustang with a 287HP engine and sport wheels. No, I didn’t get it when it first came out – LOL! I saved dimes from the time I was 5 years old, took all of my savings and bought it for $750.00!! Can you imagine!?! It was – still is – my dream car!
- My favorite author of all time is Flannery O’Connor.
- My dream job is to be an author but the closest I ever will come to that, due to extreme lack of creativity, is being a political speech writer (past tense) and book blogger.
I nominate the following for this fun award:
I know that’s only five nominees but I guess the 8th thing you need to know about me is that I never can follow rules. 😉